Deadline: October 30, 2016
All accepted applicants are eligible to receive a $750 REALTOR® Education Foundation Scholarship.
Recognizing that leadership development is an essential element in the process of improving our Association and profession, South Carolina REALTORS® presents LeadershipSCR!
Through this program, SCR attempts to identify emerging REALTOR® leaders in the state, encourage them with motivational activities, and assist in sharpening their leadership skills in the hope they will demonstrate a strong positive influence on the future of the REALTOR® organization and profession.
The participants work together in a training course which combines individual study, group sessions, and actual project experience in using leadership skills. Training sessions include identification of leadership skills, team-building exercises, procedures for goal setting, personal profile analysis, network building, and improving communications skills.
- To identify South Carolina REALTORS® who have demonstrated leadership potential through job related and community activities.
- To train participants by developing leadership skills.
- To motivate participants by:
- Increasing awareness of real estate and association management issues and challenges.
- Involvement in problem-solving activities on issues of current interest; and
- Providing a network of leaders across the state who are actively involved in improving our profession and their local and state Associations.
Participation in LeadershipSCR is open to REALTOR® members of South Carolina REALTORS®. A maximum of 15 individuals will be appointed to participate in the program. Since the number of appointments to LeadershipSCR is limited, applicants who are not selected are encouraged to reapply in subsequent years.
Participants will be chosen by the LeadershipSCR Selection Committee based upon the information completed on this application. The Committee will be seeking representation from a cross-section of the profession. These leaders and potential leaders will be active in either business, education, the arts, religion, government, community-based organizations, ethnic or minority groups, or real estate specialty areas, and will reflect the diversity of the organization.
- Retreat 1: Getting Acquainted, Leadership Basics and Political Advocacy
- Retreat 2: What Leaders Know and Do
- Retreat 3: Proven Leader Series
- Retreat 4: Putting it Together/LeadershipSCR Graduation