SOCIAL MEDIA POLICY
Social media is a powerful and effective communication and engagement tool and the Company encourages Associates to utilize social media to help raise awareness of the Company’s business in their communities with their consumers.
- Always be professional and ethical when engaging in social media and avoid making statements or posting photographs that could reasonably harm the business or reputation of the Company.
- Do not disclose any confidential information.
- Do not call for a boycott of a product, service, or Company.
- Only post or advertise or communicate real estate for sale in accordance with state laws and MLS rules and brokerage policy and NAR ethics.
- Must not use harassing speech, hate speech, epithets or slurs in accordance with Article 10 of the Code of Ethics.
- Respect third-party intellectual property, and always use the REALTOR® trademarks in accordance with NAR’s Membership Marks Manual. REALTOR® means member of the National Association of REALTORS® and must not be used generically as a synonym for the occupation of “real estate agent” or “broker”.
- If you are unsure whether a particular communication is appropriate, refrain from making the social media post or contact the Broker prior to publishing the post.
- Associates that do not adhere to these Guidelines or who otherwise act inappropriately when engaging in social media, may have their employment or association with the Company terminated.
Posted by: Byron King on 12/12/22 (This information is only accurate as of 12/12/22. You must contact SCR for updates and changes to this information after 12/12/22 as laws and regulations may change over time. SCR 803-772-5206 or email info at screaltors.org or email byron at screaltors.org)
This information is not legal advice. This information is intended only to provide general information and may not be relied upon as specific legal guidance. Legal counsel should always be consulted before acting in reliance on this information.