What is the REALTORS® Political Action Committee?
The South Carolina REALTORS® Political Action Committee (RPAC) is the largest PAC in South Carolina. RPAC is a voluntary, nonprofit group. Membership consists of REALTORS®, Affiliate Members, and others interested in the real estate industry and protecting the industry against unnecessary legislation. Our industry is one that is very easily and frequently regulated. That’s why it is so important to join with others in your profession and contribute to RPAC.
RPAC provides the legislative representation necessary to protect our industry and private property rights. Given the ever-changing political climate, it makes sense for you to support candidates who share your views on real estate issues.
When we contribute to RPAC, with time and money, we are sending a clear message to our politicians that we care about issues that impact our businesses. Together, we can fight to ensure we are not legislated, litigated or regulated out business! America is built on real estate. Pledge your commitment to the industry by contributing to the REALTORS® Political Action Committee today.
Why is RPAC important?
Through the South Carolina REALTORS® Political Action Committee (RPAC), REALTORS® have a strong voice on public policy issues that profoundly impact property ownership and the real estate profession in South Carolina.
- South Carolina RPAC supports candidates who foster positions favorable to the real estate industry and even more importantly to our state’s property owners.
- South Carolina RPAC ensures that our REALTOR® viewpoint is heard at all levels of government.
- South Carolina RPAC is investing in the future direction of this state and in the ideal of home ownership and private property rights that are the heartbeat of our business.
RPAC focuses on its grassroots support because it works. Your letters, faxes, phone calls, and participation in the political process are making the difference in our legislative efforts. Some of our grassroots programs include:
- Calls-to-Action, Emails that alert REALTORS® to contact their national or state legislators when a critical vote arises.
- Washington Hill Visits held during the NAR Mid-Year Meetings.
- Key Contacts are REALTORS® who have a personal or working relationship with their legislator and volunteer to communicate on issues important to the REALTOR® organization.
Investor Levels & Benefits