10. Vacant Land Sales Scams – Distant Seller, Ask HOA, Investigate/Validate Seller
9. EPA auditing brokers for sales and property management lead documents/certification
8. SCR310 Financing Contingency Termination does not include a Due Diligence Termination Fee
7. Leaving Brokerage, Poaching Brokerage Clients, Money, Have/Get Agreements
6. Advertising – Address, Individual Name, Nickname, Team Name, Brokerage Name
5. Disclosure/Concealment of Property Defects, Seller Disclosure Form use it as much as you can for risk management reasons
4. State Laws – Watch SCR videos at Youtube and Facebook and Weekly E-Report for the latest state laws hotlines.
3. Ethics Issues – Always check yourself before sending texts, words, and emails that include insults, vulgarity, sexual harassment, slurs, epithets, hate speech, protected classifications, harassing speech, false/misleading speech, antitrust issues, unethical speech, and unprofessional speech.
2. Due Diligence SCR310 – coordinate/contract delivery information (e.g., Notice Address, e-pay information, wire information). Do not miss due diligence’s deadline without written agreement to extend.
1. Forms – Always call the hotline 803-772-5206 or your brokerage attorney and BIC and team leader before forms language additions/deletions. SCR staff attorneys can do Zoom or in person forms training for you and your brokerage.
Posted by: Byron King on 12/20/22 (This information is only accurate as of 12/20/22. You must contact SCR for updates and changes to this information after 12/20/22 as laws and regulations may change over time. SCR 803-772-5206 or email info at screaltors.org or email byron at screaltors.org)
This information is not legal advice. This information is intended only to provide general information and may not be relied upon as specific legal guidance. Legal counsel should always be consulted before acting in reliance on this information.